Projects Approved in 2016
Voters decided that 50.9% the $1 million should go toward street resurfacing throughout the ward. That left $491,000 for projects selected by voters.
Other projects selected in 2016 were:
- 450 trees planted throughout the ward
- Curbs and sidewalks throughout the ward
- Viaduct lighting on Milwaukee under the UP Northwest Line
- 14 decorative trash cans in various locations
Projects Approved in 2015
Voters decided that 54.7% of the $1 million go toward street resurfacing throughout the ward.
Other projects selected in 2015 were:
- Bike lanes on Milwaukee from Lawrence to Addison – Anticipated installation 2016
- School Campus improvements at Farnsworth Elementary and Disney II Elementary – Pending matching funds
- Pedestrian bump-outs at Milwaukee and Cuyler, Milwaukee and Warner, Milwaukee and Giddings, Central and Balmoral, and Central and Leland – Pending CDOT approval
- Pedestrian refuge islands on Cicero at Pensacola – Pending CDOT approval
- Lighting and pedestrian improvements under the Kennedy at Pulaski and the sidewalk next to the Kennedy from Pulaski and Dakin to Byron and Parkside – Installation scheduled late 2015
- People spots at Six Corners, around Lawrence and Milwaukee, and around Lawrence and Austin – Anticipated installation 2016
Projects Approved in 2014
Voters decided that 55.1% of the $1 million go toward street resurfacing throughout the ward.
Other projects selected in 2014 were:
- New playground at Independence Park – Pending release of state matching grants
- Pigeon abatement and viaduct remediation – Pending re-evaluation of effective pigeon abatement methods
- Tree planting throughout the ward – In process
Projects Approved in 2013
Voters decided that 54.6% of the $1 million go toward street resurfacing throughout the ward.
Other projects selected in 2013 were:
- Viaduct Remediation and Pigeon Abatement – Completed
- Artificial Turf at Beaubien Elementary – Completed
- Improved Lighting on the Milwaukee Ave. Viaduct just north of the Jefferson Park Transit Center – Completed
- Community Garden Improvements for OLV/St. John’s Food Pantry – Not feasible due to site issues
- Pedestrian Crossing Light at the Jefferson Park Transit Center – Scheduled installation Spring 2016