Check out these forms and appeal your taxes. Please reach out to our office if you need assistance.
- GUIDE TO APPEALING YOUR PROPERTY TAXES
- GUIDE TO RESIDENTIAL APPEAL
- RESIDENTIAL APPEAL FORM
- GUIDE TO CONDO APPEAL
- CONDO APPEAL FORM
- HOMEOWNER EXEMPTION FORM
About Cook County Property Tax Exemptions
The following are exemptions available to county residents; these savings are in a form of deduction on the second-installment of the property tax bill. The three major exemptions are:
- Homeowner exemption – Taxpapers whose home is their primary residence may be eligible for an exemption.
- Senior Citizen exemption – Senior (age 65 or older) may be eligible for an additional exemption.
- Senior freeze exemption: Seniors (age 65 or older) may be eligible for a freeze of the assessed value of their property, if their total household income is $55,000 or less. Those who receive their exemption, automatically qualify for the homeowner and senior citizen exemption.
Other Tax Exemptions available are:
- Home Improvement exemption
- Returning veterans’ exemption
- Disabled veterans’ homeowner exemption
- Disabled persons’ exemption
- Omitted assessments exemption
- Long-time occupant exemption
Additional information on all exemptions is available on the Cook County Assessor’s website at WWW.COOKCOUNTYASSESSOR.COM.